Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

October 14, 2010

Chicken Breasts for $1.48 per Pound!

I learned about a great deal on Fresh Chicken Breast yesterday.  You can order chicken breast through Zaycon Foods for $1.48 per pound!  I usually try to get chicken breasts for $1.89/lb when they are on sale at Albertsons.  This is a savings of $0.40/lb!  If you eat a lot of chicken, I would recomend looking into it.
Here are a few details:
  • The fresh chicken breasts are sold in 40 lb cases.
  • Each case costs $59.20.
  • Each case contains (4) 10 lb bags of fresh, unfrozen chicken breasts.
  • You can sign up at Zaycon Foods to order, then choose your regions.  There are several regions in Southeast Idaho including Idaho Falls, Blackfoot, Pocatello, and Twin Falls.
  • For Idaho Falls, the Event (where you pick up the chicken you ordered) is Nov. 6th. & you must order your chicken by October 26th.

 Many of you are probably thinking that 40 lbs of chicken would be great, but is a lot to store.  I plan to split the chicken with 3 friends, so we will each get 10 lbs.  I will then divide it into portions and freeze it.
 
Thanks Fabulessly Frugal for the heads up!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment