Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

December 28, 2009

Eat From the Pantry Challenge

Money Saving Mom is hosting an Eat From the Pantry Challenge for the month of January. I have decided to partially participate in this. Daniel and I kind of did our own version of this last month. We spent under $60 on groceries last month, and that included a $17 anniversary dinner.

We will not be significantly minimizing our spending on groceries this month, but we will be trying new recipes and food storage techniques. I have been slowly working up to a freezer cooking day, and January sounds like the perfect month to give it a try.

This month I will be trying new recipes and exploring new dinner ideas from other frugal families using items from my pantry. I will also be trying a mini freezer cooking day one Saturday in January. I will be posting my successful experiments here weekly. Wish me luck!

Go here to see Money Saving Mom’s introduction to her challenge.

LeaDawn

Do you have any good recipe ideas? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! I'm ready to dive in starting tomorrow... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you too! I am excited to try a few new things. :D

    ReplyDelete