Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

December 11, 2009

Walgreens Trip

It is too expensive to steal...Coupon savingsIt was a successful trip to Walgreens today- but would have been more successful if the Cashier had scanned the shampoo...:D I will have to go back to Walgreens tomorrow and work that out. Here is how it went:

Transaction 1
(2) Triaminic 2 for $10
-$1.50/1 Printable (x2)
-$2.00/1 from the Walgreens
Healthy Savings Booklet (x2)
(2) Ecotrin 45 ct. @ 3.49 ea.
-$7 off when you buy 2 from 10/11 Red Plum Insert
Stay Free Pads $3.29
-$1/1 Printable
All 2x 32 LD $3.50
-$2/1 Coupon from 12/6 Red Plum Insert
3 gift sacks 8/$1 (filler Items)

Used $6 register Rewards from a previous shopping trip.
Paid: $.18+$1.45 tax=$1.63
Recieved: $5 Triminic RR+ $2 Stayfree RR

Transaction 2
Stay Free Pads $3.29
-$1/1 Printable
2 puddings @ 3 for $1
ReNu Solution $11.99
(2) TheraFlu 2 for $10
-$1.50/1 instore coupon
-$2/1 Printable coupon
-$2/1 Coupon from Walgreens Healthy Savings Booklet (x2)

Used $17 RR from previous shopping trip

Paid: $.56+1.57 tax=$2.13
Recieved: $2 Stayfree RR+$10 ReNu RR+$3 TheraFlu RR+ $5 Walgreens RR for spending over $25. :D

Total Paid: $3.27 OOP+$23 RR
Total Recieved: $27 RR
I made $.73 on all of this! It could have been better...

I was planning on recieving another $5RR for spending over $25 on the first transaction. I also was planning on submitting a $2 Mail in Rebate for the Finesse Shampoo. When I scanned the reciept to circle the shampoo for the rebate, I found that the shampoo did not register when the cashier scanned it!! So I was $.38 under $25 on my first transaction and I cannot send in the mail in rebate for the shampoo because I did not buy it! That mix up cost me $7!! I will see what happens when I return my stolen item to the store. Wish me luck!

I did confirm something on this trip though. The Rexburg store has not been running the Mid-week add, but the register rewards will still print, so there are a lot of great deals that are hidden throughout the store. Also, next week there will be another spend $25 and receive a $5 register reward deal. This is great because the $25 is before coupons!! There is going to be a good deal on Huggies next week- so be watching!

LeaDawn

No comments:

Post a Comment