Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 18, 2010

Menu Planning


I have decided to start menu planning each week.  I have been working up to it all month- but this week I actually started it on Monday- Hurray!  It will definately make thing easier for me to have things planned out.  On days that I am working and have other evening commitments I chose an easy meal (with stuff from the freezer)  On days that I have a little more time- mostly weekends- I actually do some cooking to stock up for the next week.  Here is our plan for this week:

Breakfast:
Pancakes & eggs
Cereal

Lunch:
Leftovers
Quesadillas (my husbands favorites)

Dinner:
Monday:
Moose Steak
Cheasy Potatoes (leftovers from last week)
Green Salad

Tuesday:
Crockpot Italian Chicken
Rice
Corn
Homemade rolls

Wednesday:
Tacos

Thursday:
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


Friday:
Homemade Pizza
Saturday:
Beef Stew
Homemade Rolls

Sunday:
We will be traveling, so we will pack leftovers with us to warm up.

With only 2 of us, we don't usually put much planning into breakfast or lunch.  We eat pancakes and eggs pretty much every morning.  My lunch is usually provided by my boss, so Daniel usually just warms up leftovers for lunch.  Dinner is the meal we actually plan out.  I always cook more than we can eat.  It takes about the same amount of time, and it makes for easy meals later.

I am excited to see how the schedule works- I will let you know at the end of the week!


The Coupon Basics

No comments:

Post a Comment