Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 30, 2010

Saturday Budget Check

The Coupon basics
Time to report how I did with my $25 a week grocery budget!  As always, it was a little bit of a challenge.  There were a lot of good deals and only $25 to spend!  I am sad to report that I ended up $1.11 over budget.  I forgot to calculate tax on a deal & it pushed me over.  Here is what I was able to get:

Smith's
1 Post Cereal $2.49
3 Hormel Chillie $2.37
3 Diced Tomatoes $2.97
1 Kraft Dressing $1.99
1 Electrasol Finish $2.99
1 French's Honey Mustard $1.69
Used: $6.25 in Coupons
Got $5 off (Mega Event Promo)
2 Gallons Milk $3.48
1 Half Gallon Milk (Free with Purchase of 2 Milk)
1.5 lbs 80% lean hamburger @ $1.89/lb ($3.06)
Tax: $1.18
Spent $12.87

Winco
25 lb Sugar
Spent: $12.38

Walgreens
I was disapointed to find that we had a short add this week & the items I had planned to buy were not on sale at our store.  I had a $2.50 RR that was about to expire, so I chose a few items that equalled as close to $2.50 as I could get.  I also found out that you can not lower the value of a Register Reward.  I wanted to change it to $2.49 (yes, 1 penny less), and they would not let me!

Secret Deodorant $2.49
Chocolate Pudding $.39
Spent: $.56

Albertsons
4 Quaker Instant Oatmeal $1.60
1 Life Cereal $1.60
-$3.00 (buy 5 get $3 off)
-$5.00 OYNO from a previous trip
Spent: $.30

Total Spent: $26.11
Total Earned for Next Month: $1.00 RR
Total Rebates Submitted: $15 Olay

That puts my total for the month at $101.04.  That is pretty close!  We were able to get 25 lbs of sugar- which will last us about 6 months.  We also were able to stock up on some quaker products.
Do you have weekly or monthly budget goals?  See how we are doing On the Road to a Debt Free Education & on our other Financial Goals for 2010.
Photobucket
Check out The Savers Bungalow, Super Saving Saturday, and Coupon Super Savers to see how others have done on finding great deals and meeting their weekly budget goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment