Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

April 23, 2010

Budgeting- Make Saving Fun


Make Saving Fun.
If you are not careful, budgeting can be a grueling & discouraging task.  I know that I enjoy saving a lot more when we budget for fun things along with the necessities. 

For example, we have in our budget all of our summer trips & the amount we plan to spend.  We save for those adventures just like we save for retirement & health care expenses, even though they are very inexpensive.  While our other savings goals will take a long time to reach, it is much easier to see the progress in our smaller budgeted items.

As we save for fun things, I am more motivated to stay within my budget.  I know that if I go over in my groceries or eating out budget, I will have to take money out of my clothes shopping budget or our summer fun budget.

"A part of what you earn is yours to keep" -The Richest Man In Babylon

It is important to remember to pay yourself.  Save for fun things to keep yourself motivated enough to reach the big goals.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment