Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

April 3, 2010

Guest Post: Trading Coupons

Really, I do! It is a great way to get the coupons I need and get rid of coupons that I will not be using. I am still not an expert on it but I will give you a few tips that I've learned.

*There are many groups on the internet that you can trade with. I started trading with a group on Babycenter called Trading Post. I have not yet ventured away from this group so, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of input about other groups. Maybe someone reading this post has had some experiences with other groups?

*Trading is done online and through the mail. Because you are using a stamp, it is important to make sure that your trade will be large enough to make it worth it. I never trade less than $5 worth of coupons when I trade.

*Keep all of your coupons - I keep all of my newspaper inserts. I just write the date on the front so that if someone is looking for a coupon, I can easily go back and find it. Don't throw out those coupons that you get in the mail - someone may be interested. When you see a blinkie or tearpad in the store, grab some (within reason)! They might be good for trades! Sign up for mailing lists - especially for formula companies. I have been fortunate enough to be able to breastfeed so I haven't needed formula but others do and it is expensive! You can trade those formula checks that come in the mail!

*Trading is not limited to coupons! Many people trade Coke Codes, Pampers Points, Huggies Enjoy the Ride Codes and Box Tops for Education. If you don't collect them, save them - someone wants them!

*Keep a list of coupons that you want and that you have. Some traders create their own websites and update their coupons on there. Others (me) keep a list on Microsoft Word and post it on the site. Figure out what works for you.

*Be fair when you trade. This can be difficult as you get started because you don't have an idea of the value of coupons, etc. You'll get the hang of it. Just don't offer a little and ask for a lot.

Heather is a stay at home mom to two sweet girls, Cailynn,3 and Elliana, 1.  She originally  started her blog, Spectacular Savings ,  for her family and friends, But she has realized that blogging is an amazing way to help more than just friends and family.  Through her blog she has the opportunity to help others save and earn a little extra money and an opportunity to give!  See more of Heathers frugal tips & deals at Spectacular Savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment