Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

June 23, 2010

All You Grocery Chalenge

All You Magazine does an anual Grocery Challenge.  The winner wins $1000 for groceries!  As a participant, you must spend $25 per family member or less a week on groceries.  Since Daniel and I's budget is $25 a week total, I decided to give it a go. 

There are other criteria for winning the challenge.  You must eat healthy and find creative ways to save money on groceries.  Of course, couponing will be my biggest money saver, but I plan to practice more money saving ideas throughout the 4 week competition.

Here is my game plan:
1. Blog about my progress each weekend.  This will motivate me throughout the week to try new things.
2. Be more aware of my food choices from a health standpoint.
3. Use Bountiful Baskets to save money on produce.
4. Use coupons, including the coupons available at All You.com
5.  Be more dilligent about preparing freezer meals.  These are convenient and help curb the temptation to eat out.

That is the plan.  We will see how I do over the next 4 weeks. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment