Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

October 5, 2010

Albertsons Trip

Daniel insisted that I needed to make my pictures more interesting.  If our little boy is anything like his father, he will be one mischievous little man!

I made a trip to Albertsons today after work to take advantage of the double coupons from Sunday's paper.  I was pretty excited to get a good deal on cereal and granola bars.

Transaction 1
(4) Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.50
Used (4) $0.50/1 Nature Valley Printable Coupons
Used (3) Albertsons Double Coupons
Received $3.00 off automatically for General Mills Promo
Paid: $3.80, Received a $2.50 Catalina!

Transaction 2
(2) Nature Valley Granola Bars
(2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Used (2) $0.65/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch Printable Coupons
Used (1) $0.50/1 Nature Valley Printable Coupon (I could have used 2, but that is all I had)
Used (3) Albertsons Double Coupons
Used $2.50 Catalina from Transaction 1

Received $3.00 off automatically for General Mills Promo
Paid: $1.21

Transaction 3
(2) 11 oz. Malt-O-Meal Cereal 2 for $1.00
(2) 3lb Farm Fresh Chicken Tenders $1.88/lb w/ in add coupon
Paid: $13.08

Total Paid: $18.12
Total Coupons Used: $12.34

After the coupons & Catalina, the cereal and granola bars averaged at $0.63 each!  I was pretty excited.  Daniel loves Nature Valley Granola bars, and I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal- so I was excited to get them cheap. 

I also went to Walgreen's to use the $2.00/1 Cottonelle Wipes coupon that printed after my last transaction. I spent $5.73 and received a $3.00 Register Reward.  Overall that is like paying $2.73 for 12 rolls of toilet paper and a tub of wipes!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I went to both Albertson's and Smith's Tuesday night. I did the Procter and Gamble deal, $10 back on a $30 purchase. I got 2 tides (used 2 $1/1 coupons plus 2 double coupons), 2 puffs plus, and 2 febreeze with 2 $1/1 coupons and 1 double. $34.96-7.00=$27.96, then I got $10 RR. Net cost was $17.96 plus tax. At Smith's I did the Barilla 10/$10. If you scanned 2 Piccolini pasta, a coupon printed for $2/3 Piccolini (mini penne). So I got 3 boxes of mini penne for $1. Loved that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I love it when everything works and you can get awesome products for pennies on the dollar! I will have to check out the pasta deal- I love cheap pasta!

    ReplyDelete