Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

February 4, 2011

Time Management: Newborn Routine

I am so excited to be a mother, but I definitely underestimated the amount of time caring for a newborn would take!  I am beginning to see that a regimented daily schedule will not work right now; however, having a simple routine will help me to be and feel more productive as I adjust to this new phase of life.

As Conner grows and his needs change, my routine will change to accommodate those needs.

A large portion of my day is filled with taking care of our newborn- feeding, changing diapers, and entertaining.  Since my day is determined by Conner's eating and sleeping, I cannot plan out an hour by hour routine. Instead, I have created a short list of things that I need to accomplish each day and each week.  Each day I will try to accomplish the daily tasks and one task for the week. 

Daily:
Take at least 1 nap
(getting enough sleep and staying healthy is at the top of my list!)
Read Scriptures
Prepare Meals
(I will be sticking to easy meals & Daniel will take his turn helping with dinners)
Do dishes
Blog
Work
(I will be doing a little drafting on the side to help out my boss as he finds a replacement for me)
Pick up Apartment

Choose 1 Activity Each Day:
Grocery Shopping
Laundry (2-3 days a week)
Cleaning Apartment (bathroom, kitchen, dust & vacuum)
Work on Craft Project

I plan to do most of my reading and blogging while feeding Conner.  Daniel has been great to help out with Conner and projects that I need help with. 

I will try this routine and see how it goes.  My goal is to stay positive and productive as I transition to being a stay at home mom.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment