Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 16, 2010

Saturday Budget Check

Time to check the figures and see how we did for the week!

I was suprized at how much I spent this week.  Our weekly budget for groceries is $25, and we spent $38.99 out of pocket!! I had $10 extra dollars from last week to add to that, making our budget $35, so we were only $4 over budget.
To justify that further, we do have $5 in Catalina at Albertsons and $2.50 in Register Rewards at Walgreens left over for next week.  Anyway I look at it, I realized that I need to be more careful at keeping track. 
Here is a brief overview of the deals I got this week:

Walgreens $11. 92 OOP
Register Rewards Left Over: $2.50
Trip 1: detailed here
(2) gallons milk
(1) Half Gallon Chocolate Milk
(2) Clean & Clear Products
(1) ThermaCare Wrap
(2) Oust Air Sanitizers
Trip 2:
ThermaCare wrap  $1.64, earned $2.50 RR
Lubriderm Rain Check
Albertsons $22.17 OOP
Left Over: $5 OYNO
(5) Philidelphia Cream Cheese (See details here)
(2) 18 pack eggs
Chicken (3 lbs for $6)
Fuji Apples (My favorite!) $1/lb

Broulims $4.90 OOP
1 Margerine
Tortillas 30 ct.
1 Newspaper

Total Spent: $38.99
Earned for Next Week:
$5 Albertsons
$2.50 Walgreens
We snagged a few good deals, but I definately learned a lesson.  I will be paying closer attention to my total next week.

LeaDawn

No comments:

Post a Comment