Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 12, 2010

My Walgreens Trip


I have been really excited about the Walgreens deals this week because of the Johnson & Johnson Rebate & the sale at Walgreens.  Unfortuately they were out of Lubriderm- so I will have to go back to try that.  Also, I found myself without any register rewards  to start with- gasp!  So I actually had to spend money out of pocket- but I was still very pleased with myself. Here is a breakdown of my trip:

ThermaCare Wrap $2.49 get $2.49 RR

Paid: $1.64
Earned: $2.50 RR

(2) Oust $4.29 BOGO
Use BOGO FREE Oust coupon from 1/3 SS insert
(The checker did not want to let me use this coupon with the promotion.  He did not think I could.  We asked the manager to see, and you can use it.  The max value was $3.99, so I paid $.30 for two.)
(2) Gallons Regular Milk $1.99
(1) Half Gallon Chocolate Milk $2.99
Use Coupon from The Great Gallon Give Contest to get free chocolate milk
Clean & Clear Face Wash $5.49
Use $2 off Clean & Clear Product from Coupons.com
Clean & Clear Moisturizer $6.49
Use $2 off Clean & Clear Product from Coupons.com

Used $2.5 RR from ThermaCare

Paid: $8.24
Trip Total: $9.88

I would not normally spend that much out of pocket at Walgreens, but this was totally worth it.  Here is a break down of what the money was spent on (roughly)-
$4 Milk
$0.30 Oust
$5.58 Clean & Clear Products

Clean & Clear is my prefered brand of face wash and moisturizer.  I normally spend $4-$5 on each product, 2 for 5 is great!  Plus- the 'value' of what I purchased was close to $12. I plan to purchase $18 more in Johnson & Johnson and submit the rebate.  Combined this will be a great deal for some of my favorite products!

LeaDawn

2 comments: