Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 23, 2010

Saturday Budget Check

the coupon basicsTime to report how I did with my $25 a week grocery budget!  Reporting is a great motivator when it comes to budgeting.  It would be a lot harder for me to stay within my budget if I did not have you all to report to!! Thanks for your support! 

This week was definately challenging.  I was determined to stay under budget, but there were a couple of times I nearly convinced myself to splurge. 

This has been an interesting month for us.  We have been sticking to our goals of partial participation in the Eat From the Pantry Challenge.  We have not lowered our budget, but we have tried new recipes & freezer cooking techniques.  As a result, I have spent more money stocking up on personal care products and less on food groceries this month. 

Here is what we got this week:

Broulims: $5.12
Lunch Meat
Bananas
Broccoli
Walmart: $13.79
Milk (Price Match Smiths add)
Olay Face Wash (I am submitting a rebate, veiw details HERE)

Walgreens $2.03
(2) Lubriderm ( I used a rain check from last weeks sale)
Glue Stick

This Weeks Total: $20.94
Monthly Total To Date: $74.93

I nearly justified not including the Olay Face Wash ($12) in my budget for the week, since I have turned in the form to get a $15 rebate.  I decided to include it to really streatch the budget.  When we get that $15 rebate check, it will be a bonus income!

Join me next week to see how we our doing on our saving for vet school goals.

Be sure to check out Super Savings Saturday  and Coupon Super Savers to see what great deals other people snagged this week!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment