Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 7, 2010

Weekly Recipe

In support of Eat From the Pantry Challenge, this weeks recipe uses ingredients we have in our pantry, namely, Hamburger Helper. 

I bought a bunch of Hamburger Helper on sale so that we would have quick, easy meal options (in case I am late for work and Daniel trys to cook.).  Now I need to use it! Regular Hamburger Helper is not too bad, but we really enjoyed this recipe

Italian Soup
A quick warm meal for a cold January day
Ingredients:
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef (I used less)

1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 box Hamburger Helper® lasagna
5 cups hot water
1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
1 cup frozen corn
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 small zucchini, chopped (1 cup) (we omitted this since we did not have zucchini)
Additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

In frying pan, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.


Stir in hot water, contents of sauce mix pouch (from Hamburger Helper box), tomatoes, corn and cheese; break up tomatoes. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in contents of uncooked pasta pouch (from Hamburger Helper box) and zucchini. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle each serving with additional grated Parmesan cheese.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): After breaking up the tomatoes in the pot, add the uncooked Pasta. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini; cover and cook 10 minutes.

I am not sure where I got the recipe, I had it saved on my laptop, but we have enjoyed it!  I will be looking for other recipes to use the contents of my cupbourds.

Enjoy!

LeaDawn

No comments:

Post a Comment