Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

May 18, 2010

Pound for Pound Challenge- Loose Weight & Feed America!


Through June 30, 2010, for every pound you pledge to lose, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America® - enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank.  You can go here to make your own pledge to lose weight.

My sister shared her experience with the Pound for Pound Challenge:

My Name is Tashina Hunsaker. I have been overweight for over ten years.  Since getting married in 2007, I have really wanted to loose weight, but I was never able to get up the motivation to do it. I decided in January I was going to change that. I started eating healthier and exercising daily. About a week after I committed myself to lose weight, I saw an advertisement for the Pound for Pound Challenge.

It is a program where for every pound of weight you pledge to loose they will donate $0.14 cents, which is equivalent to one pound of food, to a local food bank. I immediately pledged 25 lbs. I wanted to pledge something that was realistic for me to loose in a decent time frame. As of May 12 I have lost the 25LBS I had pledged to lose. I am still working really hard to lose more weight toward my bigger goals.  I really encourage anyone that needs to loose any weight to sign up. You can pledge anywhere from 1 to 50 LBS and make a big different in your life and the lives of others.

Tashina

I was so excited when I heard this story.  I know that Tashina has been working so hard to lose weight, and I am so proud of her for reaching that goal!  I also love that by pledging to lose 25 lbs, she has helped give food to those in need.

The Kroger Family of Stores is the official supplier of the Biggest Loser Ranch and partner of the Pound for Pound Challenge.  Kroger Family of Stores, General Mills, another sponser of the challenge, and My Blog Spark have given me a $30 gift card so that I can try some of the General Mills products featured on the Biggest Loser.  They have also offered to give one of The Coupon Basic's Readers a $30 Kroger Gift Card!  Read the Giveaway post to see how you can enter to win!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment