Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

May 17, 2010

Cook Once, Use Twice

Do you make leftovers on purpose?  I do!  Daniel and I have found this to be a huge time saver in our weekly menu planning.  I am not just talking about eating leftovers from a meal, but cooking more ingredients than you need so that they can be used in something else.

For Example
Last night (Monday) we ate taco salad (it tasted great- so I will be posting the recipe later this week).  I cooked 1lb of hamburger.  There are only 2 of us, so instead of using the whole pound, I divided it in thirds.  I froze 1/3 to use another week.  The other 1/3 is in the fridge to be used later this week in our spaghetti sauce.

On Wednesday I will just warm up the cooked hamburger to go in my sauce.  I love time savers!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment