Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that you all are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with great food and surrounded by family and friends.
This is the beginning of the season of gratitude and giving.  I have so many things that I am grateful for.  Here are a few:
  • The Gospel- I am grateful for the knowledge I have of Our Heavenly Father and his love for each of us, and Our Savior whose life & death was the perfect example of service and love. 
  • My amazing husband-  I have been blessed with a loving, kind, and understanding companion.  (He has even agreed to go to Walgreens with me tomorrow morning!)
  • My family-  I have amazing parents and siblings who love and support me & my husband.
  • Friends- I have wonderful and caring friends who are always there for me.
  • Self Reliance- Daniel and I are so blessed to have everything we need to live a comfortable life.  We have a warm apartment, we have cupboards full of food (thank you coupons), we have the ability to work for an income, we have a healthy savings account, and goals to keep us financially on track.  
I hope that through the hustle and bustle of the commercialized side of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season,  we can remember the true meanings and roots of the Holidays.  Thanksgiving can remind us to have gratitude for the things that we have, and Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our Savior- the greatest example of love and service. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment