Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

February 3, 2011

Bowtie Pasta Festival- Our Version

Last fall we went to Johnny Corinos with my parents.  We had their Bowtie Pasta Festival and loved it.  I looked up the recipe online and found a great copy cat.  I then adapted it to what we have on hand. 
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon melted butter

1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1/8 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced cooked bacon
1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 cup sliced cooked chicken
1 ounce heavy (whipping) cream
(I used about 1/2 cup extra concentrated milk from powdered milk)
1 jar Alfredo sauce (I use a mix packet)
1/8 cup Asiago cheese
(I use whatever cheese I have.  Once I used mexican & once I used chedar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
10 ounces precooked bowtie noodles
(I used Penne this time. Last time I used Routini)

Saute butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture. When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and cheese. Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from heat. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken.

Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment