Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

November 11, 2014

Using Reward Programs to Buy Christmas Gifts

One way that I save money on Christmas gifts is by redeeming points from rewards programs to purchase gifts.  My husband is in veterinary school, so we live on a pretty tight budget.  Getting a few free gifts from rewards programs really helps stretch our Christmas Budget.

Here are a few rewards programs that I have used this year:

Swagbucks -This is probably my favorite rewards site - because I can earn cash back or points for activities I am doing anyway. Swagbucks is a site that offers rewards for doing online activities including searching the internet, shopping online, watching videos, and printing and redeeming coupons. Sign up here to start earning!

You can redeem 450 points for a $5 Amazon Gift Card.  I love Amazon - especially for Christmas shopping!

Pampers Gifts to Grow Rewards Program -  Sign up here and earn 100 free points just for joining!  Enter codes from pampers diapers and wipes, and use the points to purchase items from their rewards store.  The items in the rewards store change frequently - so watch for items that are useful for you!

I recently used my points to get this Melissa & Doug Alphabet Peg Puzzle (I might be a little in love with Melissa and Doug toys).  This will be a Christmas Present for my son - and it was free!

Huggies Rewards Program -  Sign up here and earn 50 points!  Enter codes found on diapers and wipes and use these points to purchase items from their rewards catalog.  This catalog has a lot of fun toys to choose from for under 1000 points.

Earlier this year I used my codes to purchase this  Melissa & Doug Stacking Train.

Kellogg's Family Rewards -  Visit the site here to sign up.  I have not used this one as much - but it is a nice one to be aware of.  This month I ordered a free book with codes from cereal I had purchased on sale.  It is easy to miss or forget to look at the offers on cereal boxes (at least for me).  Kelloggs  often has nice rewards - so read your cereal boxes!

How do you stretch your Christmas budget?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment