Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 14, 2010

Weekly Recipe- Cooking with Veggies



I am not going to lie- I am not a huge fan of vegetables.  I have to make a concious effort to plan them in our meals each week.  Last summer Daniel and I participated in a group garden at our school.  We were put in charge of weeding a huge plot of zucchini.  At first I could not think of anything besides zucchini bread to make with the zucchini.  Then my mother gave me this recipe- we ate it twice a week while we had zucchini from our garden!!  Hope you like it:

Zucchini Fajitas
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup onion (slivered or diced)
peppers (optional)
2 chicken breasts
Taco Seasoning
1/2 c. water
grated cheese
Tortillas

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a large frying pan.  While Chicken in frying, cut zucchini in thin, half circle pieces. (I would cut them in slices & then cut the piles of slices in half). 

Once chicken is done, add zucchini, peppers, onions, water & taco seasoning. 
Mix everything together.  Put a lid on the pan and let it simmer on medium heat.  (make sure to watch it so it does not go dry!) Simmer till zuchini & peppers are soft.  Add more water as needed.  Serve on tortillas and top with cheese. Enjoy!

LeaDawn

Visit Life as Mom for more ways to cook with vegetables! For more recipe ideas visit Mouthwatering Mondays &Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment