Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

March 28, 2010

Saturday Budget Check

The Small Victories
My husband & I spent a large portion of the day looking at appartments in Idaho Falls.  We want to move closer to work to save money in gas & time in commuting.  All logic says that we should move to Idaho Falls, but it will be hard to leave Rexburg!  We have friends & family here, and we love our appartment!  It will be hard to find a replacement.

Because we spent the majority of the day driving around, I did not feel very productive- but I got free pasta!!  Sometimes you have to focus on the little victories in life.  Daniel & I will not need to buy pasta for quite some time.  That is a victory. 

Victory Two- we only went grocery shopping at one store this week! 
Smith's
See Details Here

A friend & I split a basket of produce from Bountiful Baskets.  This was my first time trying it- and I was very excited.  You pay $16.50 (+$3 your first time) & get a basket full of produce.  I will have pictures and more details for you next week.  Here is what was included in our basket:

Apples
Tangerines
Cucumbers
Bananas
Cantaloupe
Pineapple
Strawberries
Sweet Potatoes
Zucchini
Cauliflower
Asparagus

I am not very good at buying vegetables & planning them into our meals.  I decided that if I have vegies, I will plan them into my meals.  I am excited to see how our menu plan turns out.

Total we spent $19.36 this week.  I planned to go to Walgreens- but I was too worn out from our appartment search.  It looks like there are a lot of great deals next week at Walgreens!

It is almost the end of the Month.  Next week I will be updating you on how we are comming on our financial goals.
Photobucket
Visit the Savers Bungalow to see how other bargin shoppers did this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment