Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 6, 2011

My Favorite Brownie Recipe

I grew up in a home where everything was made from scratch.  We did not use very many mixes.  This was always my favorite treat to make, and it still is.  It is simple, quick, and I have never had a batch of brownies not turn out.

Ingredients:
2 cubes butter
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Directions:
Melt butter in a medium size sauce pan on the stove top.  Mix in cocoa & sugar & remove from heat.  Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.  In a separate bowl mix baking powder, salt, and flour.  Combine wet & dry ingredients and mix well.  Cook in a greased 9x13 pan @ 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Test center with toothpick.  The toothpick should come out clean.
Enjoy!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask you for your recipe because those brownies you made the other night were so good!

    ReplyDelete