Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 27, 2011

Overnight Sausage & Egg Breakfast Caserol

My brother-in-law made this for us at Thanksgiving, then my mother made it for us at Christmas.  Daniel and I both loved it, so I decided to give it a try.  It is a pretty simple and delicous breakfast!

Ingredients:
6-8 slices white bread (I made Bread Machine Bread)
about 1/4 C softened butter (just for buttering the bread slices)
4 C grated colby jack cheese
12 oz pork sausage, browned and drained if necessary
(1) 4 oz can green chiles
6 eggs
2 C milk
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard

Instructions:I cut the recipe above in half for Daniel and I, and we still had left overs.  Because we were doing a half recipe, I left out the chillies to avoid throwing away half a can.

First cut the crust off the bread and put it in a buttered pan.

Then put down the layer of cheese, then the cooked sausage.  In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and spices.  Pour this over the cheese and sausage.  Be sure to stir as you pour to keep the spices spread out.
Then cover it and put it in the fridge over night.  In the morning, preheat the ovento 350 & bake the caserol for 50-60 min.
Enjoy!

I found this recipe on Our Best Bites.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment