Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 19, 2011

Bread Machine Rolls

I have recently become a huge fan of my bread machine.  My mom found it for me at a second hand store for $5.00- thanks mom!  This is my mom's favorite bread machine bread recipe.  I have not tried a bunch of recipes, but I have been very pleased with this one.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon yeast
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
place water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine.  Let the ueast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.  Add the oil, flour, and salt to the yeast. 

For Bread: Select basic white bread setting and press start.  Makes one 1 1/2 pound loaf.

For Rolls: Select dough setting.  When dough is done (mine takes an hour and a half), punch down dough and form into rolls.   Let rise to double in size.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. (until golden brown)

To Freeze:  Place un-cooked rolls on small pan in the freezer until firmly frozen.  Then place in a freezer bag.
To Cook:  Remove desired number of rolls from freezer.  Let sit at room temperature for about 1 hour until rolls have risen to twice size.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

I have found that using the bread machine saves preparation and clean up time.  I put all the ingredients in the pan, press a button, and work on something else while my perfect dough is formed. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment