Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

November 10, 2014

Crock Pot BBQ Pork

My Mother introduced us to this meal.  Daniel and I love it for three reasons- it is delicious, simple, and innexpensive.
Ingredients:
1 lb Pork cut in 2"x1" pieces
(I bought boneless pork sirloin in a value pack at Winco.  I then divided the meat and froze it for 4 meals.)
Oil

1 small onion
BBQ Sauce
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper

Instructions:
Season pork with pepper & garlic salt and cook in oil until outside is brown.  You just want to brown the outside layer.  Dice onion.  Place browned pork and onion in crock pot.  Cover in BBQ sauce.  Cook on Low for 4 hours or until tender.  I serve this with cheesy potatoes, twice baked potatoes, or seasoned potatoe wedges.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment