Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

February 20, 2010

Saturday Budget Check

Time to evaluate my shopping for the week!  This week was good and bad.  I found some good deals, but I also had quite a few that did not go as planned.  Here is a run down:
using coupons in rexburg Idaho
Smith's (pictured)
I went to Smith's to get some participating items in the Mega Event.  They have the cheapest milk around.  It is only $1.67 for 1 gallon 1%!  The cheapest in Rexburg is $2.06 a gallon.
Spent: $15.53

Walgreens
This was not as successful.  I was hoping to get $0.04 toothpaste- unfortunately Rexburg Walgreens has toothpaste for $2.59 instead of $2.29 making the toothpaste $0.34 + tax.  That is not a bad price, but I can usually get it for free- so I am waiting.  I also have 6 regular sized toothpaste & 2 travel sized toothpaste in my stash- I am not exactly in need.  :D   I also almost made $1.00 buying toothbrushes- but the coupon I had would work for single packs, but not multi-packs- lame!

Angel Soft Toilet Paper $4.00
-$1.00/1 Printable Coupon
Spent: $3.24

Broulim's
This was also a little disappointing.  I went to Broulim's expecting to come away with 2 lbs of free lunch meat.  I realized that the coupon I had was for premium lunch meat, and the regular stuff was on sale for $2.00. The premium Land-O-Frost lunch meat is $3.29.  With the $2.00 Printable Coupon that would be $1.29- which is a great deal, but not in our budget this week.  I will probably go the beginning of next week and get some.

25 lbs Flour $6.88
Bananas $0.88
Broccoli $0.79
Spent: $9.06

Total Spent: 27.83!!!

Ahh!  I totally forgot about my Walgreens purchase when I was calculating how much I could spend at Broulims.  We will have to take $3 from next weeks budget.  So far this month we have spent $78.06 on groceries, leaving us with just under $22 to spend this next week. 

It has been so great to have someone to report to each week.  I highly recomend reporting your progress when you are trying to stick to a budget.  Find a friend or a sibling that is trying something similar, or even just report to your spouse.  It really helps me reach my goals when I know I will be telling someone how I am doing.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I can't believe you can get a 25 pound bag of flour for $6.88 at the grocery store. They don't sell those at our local grocery stores, luckily I have Costco though.

    Great work keeping to your budget! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete