Welcome! I hope I can help you find great deals, explore budgeting ideas, try new recipes, and share frugal living tips. Thanks for stopping by!

January 17, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day

To prepare for our new baby, I have decided to do a small freezer cooking day tomorrow. 

This last week I made extra Chicken Enchiladas and Lasagna and froze 4 meals that can be pulled from the freezer and cooked.  I also have this list of simple crock pot meals and soups that we can throw together with minamal effort. 

Easy Meals:
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Chicken Enchiladas (from freezer)
Chicken Noodle Soup
Crock Pot Beef Fajitas (I will post this recipe on Thursday)
Daniel's Chicken & Rice (This is the one meal Daniel cooks)
Hawiian Haystacks
Italian Chicken
Lasagna (from freezer)
Tacos
Taco Soup
 
Tomorrow I will be making some breads to freeze.  Daniel is great to help out in the kitchen, but he does not like to bake.  Having a few things frozen will add some variety to our meals without adding the expense of buying mixes or baked goods.
Here is a list of the items I plan to make:
Rolls (these will be used as a side and for the BBQ Beef Sandwiches)
Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Pancakes
Waffles

I plan to spend no more than 2 hours from start to finish.  I will share a few recipes and how things go later this week. Wish me luck!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You are so wise to cook ahead! It will really help you stick with the budget! I love your posts. I hope you get some time to keep it up after the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda! I hope that I can continue to work blogging into my schedule. It really helps modivate me to do more and be more productive! Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete